Physical Medicaid, SNAP, and WIC cards do not provide enough information for us to determine current enrollment in the qualifying program.
Acceptable qualifying documents must provide the following information to receive approval:
- The child’s name
- The program they are enrolled in (Medicaid, SNAP, or WIC)
- Dates within 12 months of the current date
If you do not have an easily accessible qualifying document, we recommend trying the following
- Reach out to your local SNAP, WIC, or Medicaid provider to request an active enrollment document for your child.
- Log into your SNAP, Medicaid, or WIC online account and take a screenshot or picture that shows the following details: program, child’s name, and active dates within 12 months.
- Log into your provider’s app and take a screenshot that shows the following details: program, child’s name, and active dates within 12 months. A physical SNAP, WIC, or Medicaid card will not be accepted.
INVALID Qualifying Document
VALID Qualifying Documents
We encourage you to reapply if you are able to provide a qualified document for your child. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Reapplying does not guarantee that you will receive funds.